Dear Parents, Caregivers and Students,
Welcome back to another school year at Lakeview Elementary. I hope you and your families had a great summer. I am excited to see the children and hear about their summer activities. We are going to have a great year of exciting learning and hard work. I BELIEVE in our students, teachers and staff. I know that working together we can reach our goals. We look forward to working with you and your children.
Our custodians have done an amazing job cleaning the classrooms and the furniture in the school. They have been very thorough and have worked extra hard on cleaning everything, especially the spots off of the carpet, the marks on the walls, desks and the lunchroom floor. I hope that everyone will make a conscientious effort to help keep the building and school grounds as clean as possible this school year. Let’s show our Leopard Pride by being responsible, caring people of the school.
Please remember to put some money in your child’s lunch account. You can add money by stopping by the lunchroom, pay online by visiting https://wsd.net/ under the Child Nutrition Department or Mrs. Giles can add money to your account if you stop by with your debit/credit card.
We have had a few teacher changes this year. Some of our teachers have moved on to other jobs and we welcome our new hires for this year. Listed below are our new teachers or teachers that have moved to a different grade.
Here are a few things that will help us to have a great year:
* Utah State Law requires regular school attendance. To ensure that concepts and skills are consistently learned, regular school attendance is a must and we recommend that children not be allowed to stay home unless they are ill. Please call the school and let us know if your child will be absent. Also, punctuality is critical in order for children to feel a strong sense of belonging and to receive the instructions and review that are given at the start of the day.
* Students MUST REMAIN on school grounds during the school day. We do have a “check in”, “check out” policy in the office when students come late or need to leave during the school day.
* As a faculty and staff we will provide a safe learning environment that fosters active participation in learning which is crucial to each child’s education. It is expected that every child will behave in a manner that allows children the opportunity to learn to their maximum potential. This requires responsible behavior in class, on the playground, and walking to and from school. Please review online Weber School District and Lakeview Policies and Procedures with your child.
* Lakeview students take pride in their dress and grooming. Students are expected to maintain dress and appearance that is modest and not distracting to teachers or students or detrimental to the educational processes of the school. Please review the Dress Code Policy with your child found on the webpage.
* If you are driving your child(ren) to school, please be courteous of others. You may drop off on the east side of the building in the drive-thru lane. You may drop them off in front of the school, but do not park in the red zones as you could be cited by Roy City police. If you park on the south side of the road in front of the homes then you will need to get out of your car and walk the child(ren) across the street. We do not want children walking across the street without an adult.
I have an open door policy at Lakeview and encourage parents to communicate often with the teachers and staff if questions or needs arise. I want to provide a safe school environment - please always sign in and get a visitor pass at the front office using the front doors. A parent’s sustained interest in his/her child’s academic and social experiences at school can be great motivation for learning. Let your child see and feel that we are working together in every way to make this a terrific school year. I am looking forward to a great year with you and your children.